- Business Name: Learning Organizations @ Work
- Trade Name: Pinnacle Academy
It consists of the following arms:
– Pinnacle Research
– Pinnacle Academy
– Pinnacle Consulting Group
– The Operations Management & Administrative Coordination Office manages the entire outfit.
- Company Registration: CO2012/8912
- Business Address: Plot 1455, Mogoditshane, Botswana
- Website Address: https://pinnacleacademy.weebly.com/
- LinkedIn Address: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sheilasingapore/
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Tel: 267-75-9875-34
Who we are
Pinnacle Academy established in Botswana as a research-cum-consultancy-cum-academy since 2012 is led by Ms Sheila Damodaran. From Singapore, her practice has been based in Botswana since 2008.
Since then we have grown a modest team of researchers who also double up as administrators with the tenacity and clarity needed to carry the work beyond itself.
This process of generation is constantly renewing and undergoing development and our doors are open to individuals and teams keen to hone this skill and be a part of something larger than ourselves.
While revenue generation is important in the organization, as it is for any organization, it happening is incumbent on results of the work we do, become an inherent part of everyday living for the man on the street that turns his actions to real GDP growth (at constant prices) for the nation and for the region and wealth for the individuals consistently without creating wide gaps between haves and the have nots, and he learns to be very aware of how he made those objectives happen.
At which point our revenues will be based on a percentage of GDP growth of the nation (no kidding!).
Till then, our business model is based on cost-recovery and in the interim period revenue generation through on-the-job training based on the results developed by the research arm.
- Purpose Our focus is providing consultancy on Systemic Strategy Identification and Development
- Vision To see the work provide the means for the average man on the street to learn to influence the growth of his nation by his actions (not just by the advocacy of his words).
- Mission statement To provide assistance to individuals seeking to acquire skills and knowledge in the practical application of the five disciplines of Learning Organization in everyday living in societies and communities.
- Core values Building the tenacity and clarity that comes with holding the creative tension alive in everyday living
- Goals To build a reputation in the field of being a healthy part of helping nations grow.
What we do
We conduct training, research, and strategy development consultancy to help you work on concerns of persistent nature of regional and national significance despite ongoing efforts to curb it. Ignoring the persistence would mean the issue will “suck us back” into designing solutions that would feed its persistence. That’s its nature. We then work with you to co-create ways to reverse its effects but also substitute with what is desired in its absence. For example learning to create abundance as opposed to eradicating poverty.
It would seem alright to throw money after the construction of roads and buildings as a means of uplifting the lives of urban and rural dwellers. However, the rate at which that happens would mean the difference between whether we are responding more so to the rate of population sizes as opposed to real economic growth which makes ongoing efforts unsustainable and continued reliance on borrowings and grants.
And should we assume the same, throwing money after health, education, natural resources, employment and the economy, it will typically not, bring back the returns we had hoped for. As a nation, its sustenance would continue to be at the wills and demands of forces and interests beyond the nation.
That is until we can begin to understand what causes these concerns to keep returning. That’s where a work such as this would begin to play its part. As we deepen our understanding of this type of dynamic complexities, the solution often becomes simple!
The work we do is grounded in the seminal works of the renowned international author, Dr Peter Senge in his landmark publication The Fifth Discipline. It provides the theories and methods to foster aspiration, develop reflective conversation, and understand complexity in order to build a learning organization. its key competencies form the underpinnings of our training and research works. Just as it was for Peter, Sheila is driven by the desire to understand how we can learn to understand and therefore work together in harmony with one another as well as beyond each other to include nature. She continues to push the boundaries of our understanding of organizational learning- sharing its principles in workshops and seminars across various countries.
The results of such conversations and research, may be incorporated as part of national planning efforts at national and regional platforms.
The work is best realized when working the understanding and therefore solutions up from the grassroots. One would now begin to see the country saving (instead of spending) money. Money that is legitimately ours spent in now well-deserved uplifting of national development.